Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lost In Time - Mirage - part of chapter 17 TANDEM


   “That was my plan too, but I did not anticipate this,” he signaled with his eyes towards them, and touched my ear with his lips: “When I say ‘now,’ you leave your seat and start crawling to the end of our row. Keep your head down. Do not look back. When you get to the end of the row, run to the exit, I’ll be right behind you. We’re leaving the building.”
     “Ok.” My hand trembled for a second. I looked at the bare headed hockey players for the last time, still not believing…
     “Now,” he said.
     I bent down, and crawled as fast as I could, bumping into people’s legs. But it seemed like no one cared. Everybody was completely hypnotized by the last period of the game. I did not look back for a second, just like Jason asked. When I reached the stairs I stood up and ran to the exit. Jason was faster. He took my hand and pushed the door open. We were outside. He was still holding my hand running towards South Broad Street. He found an alley and stopped in one of the hidden niches.
     I could not stay composed and looked back; I could see the two men running on the other side of the street, probably looking for us.
     “Don’t,” Jason said. “They can locate us once you notice them.”
     “Jason,” I breathed heavily, “you sound like a character in a horror movie.” 
     The worst part was that I actually liked being in this situation; it was dangerous and exciting, and I became addicted to the feeling of the adrenaline running in my blood.
     We were both breathing heavily. Jason looked at me. “Hold me tight,”  he said.
     I already knew. I held him tight, and let my body be sucked into the dark whirlwind, thirty five years forward. Back to my house, back to my room, back to my bed, back to two thousand and ten.
     I could officially say that I had “time travel sickness,” and there are no pills for that. However, I no longer needed my inhaler.
 There might be some truth in Jason’s words; maybe it’s all about practice. I came back from the bathroom, heavy as an elephant, holding my stomach, I crashed on my bed and dipped my face in the pillow.

1 comment:

  1. The ebook is a hell of a rollercoaster. I love this chapter where he takes her back in time.

    ReplyDelete